Ayurveda provides several remedies to keep these mosquitos away:
1. Camphor known as “kapura” in Hindi act as a very effective mosquito repellant. Light a small piece of camphor in your room and shut the door and windows. Leave the room closed for 15 min. Your room will become a mosquito free zone.
2. Neem oil is also a great mosquito repellant. To make and effective skin friendly insecticide, mix neem oil and coconut oil in 1:1 proportion and apply it on the body. This will protect you from mosquito bites for at least 8-10 hours. This is very helpful especially if you are sleeping in your balcony or any other open area or camping in woods.
3. Tulsi is extremely effective in killing the mosquito larvae and keeping them away. Tulsi plant has medicinal properties which does not allow mosquitos to enter your home. So plant a Tulsi in your home and keep it on your windows.
4. Lavender is a natural mosquito repellant. The divine and strong fragrance of lavender keeps the mosquitos at bay. Burn lavender oil in your fancy aromatic lamps or use lavender room freshener to keep mosquitos away from your home.
5. Keep shrubs like neem, Tulsi, lemon grass, marigold, mint etc. inside your home. These plants acts very strong natural mosquito repellants and also add beauty to your home.
But most importantly keep your home and surrounding clean and garbage free. Remove the stagnant water from your surroundings.